Tools you need:
- Blow dryer, clips, brush/comb, flat iron or curling iron, smoothing product and thermal protection product.
- Wash and condition your hair according to your hair type.
- Apply a thermal protection spray such as our It's a 10 Miracle Leave-in Spray or Simply Smooth Magic Potion to protect your hair from the heat implements.
- Apply a smoothing elixir like our Biomega Behave Smoothing Elixir to smooth and protect the cuticle.
- Dry hair with a blow dryer till 80% dry.
- Gather up hair into several sections and clip hair on top of your head. You will be drying the bottom layers first and work up.
- Follow the brush (with your dryer) down the sections of hair as you straighten each section and be sure to keep the dryer moving.
- Take down a new section of hair and proceed as directed above.
- Work your way up the layers until all sections are dried and straightened.
To curl the ends for a polished look, take your brush and pull the ends under. Finish your styling with a blast of cool air if your hairdryer has this setting. You can use a flat iron with taking small sections like when drying the hair for a polished look. If you want more or a large smooth curl, curl your hair with a curling iron.
And there you have it. An easy way to straighten your curls at home! Call Salon La
Diva if you have questions or click here to schedule a blow out appointment.